They’re expensive. And there has to be a better way of getting the job done faster and cheaper.
Why don’t we apply the model to the Provincial Government that they’ve applied to everyone else? Let’s downsize, re-structure, contract-out, outsource.
Elections-schmelections – rule of law? Can you say E-80? What Charter Rights? If the Government doesn’t pay mind to what the top courts in British Columbia say – why should anyone?
Some first steps going forward:
- Let’s start by outsourcing the Premier’s job. I say we approach the Dalai Lama or Desmond Tutu, see if they want to make a few bucks on an ongoing contract. They’d make wonderful leaders.
- For Education, let’s restructure along the Swedish education ministries. Or – Malala.
- Social Services > End Legislated Poverty.
- For Finance, we could outsource that job to the Finance Minister of Norway.
- For the Revenues, let’s contract that out to the Government of Venezuela – they certainly know how to finance things.
- Downsize that Provincial Cabinet: 19 of them!
Should be able to get that down to four not counting the Premier position. Just need to follow the template: (1) redefine the jobs, (2) combine five into one portfolio, (3) lower the salary and at the end of the day, (4) re-post the job and get some of the existing ministers to re-apply at a lower salary.
- Environment Minister – outsource that to Greenpeace and let’s get the job done. First order of business – take care of Mt. Polley arrests and clean-up; then the salmon (sub-contractor:Alexandra Morton).
- Outsource to the German labour minister. The FRG manages to give their worforce six weeks holiday a year and still top the GDP charts.
Privatizing the BC Liberal Government could give us a much more efficient government, a lean tax-saving machine.